2008-05-16

waters in perpetuity

I see my life now
As a waterway
Partially and somewhat badly charted
Sometimes seemingly vast
Other times apparently constricted
Am I carried by the current
Do I struggle to make headway
Only rarely have I climbed
To headlands where the view reveals
I do not know how deep
I do not know where I am going
Often I have met fellow travelers
Often they have muddied my waters
Poisoned even
Tiny actions stir ripples into infinity
Rarely on occasion
The sirens have sung sweetly
Have lured me to a place of serenity
A few crucial mentors have cast in their pebbles
Their influence has calmed the waters in perpetuity
They will always be remembered
Though they may know it never
I am ever grateful
Their influence has given meaning
Given order and mapped a path
Through rapids
To pools of calm





===========================
DanShaw.com

No comments: