2011-02-09

A More Tragic Figure

A More Tragic Figure
I have not stood on battlefields
Earthquakes and hurricanes have missed me
But I have seen news of such disasters
But one will never see a greater tragedy
A more tragic figure
Than the man of reason,
The man of reason believes that God does not exist.
That man has made Reason his God (and emotion his Demon)
The man of God believes in a God existing
Why should I care if you believe or don’t?!
Believing is not knowing.
To believe is to not know.
In my magical reality
I have seen enough miracles to know.
Science is the world “exterior”
Where perhaps two people can share a consensus “reality”
Spirituality – experience of the Divine – is a world to each his own
For the man or woman who believes the scientific realm is the whole world
I weep
______________
DanShaw.com

No comments: