2008-01-31

Map-Art Activities; & Lesson Plans for Students

Professor E.,

My map activities are more like games and puzzles, for example, the "Map Scavenger Hunt," where students-others look for specific items (symbols, etc.) on the collection of maps, and then may answer questions, fill in the blanks, unscramble the answer to a final question etc. I usually put them together according to a specific theme, e.g. rivers, Native Americans, Spanish language and culture, rivers, etc. I will post an example of those.

This is an old lesson plan that I did NOT prepare: I may have sent you a link to multiple webpages, but this is a 20-page Adobe .pdf document, maybe more convenient. Contact me for full-resolution images.

http://www.vortexmaps.com/pdfs/geometry-geography-lesson.pdf


-Dan

No comments: